You either pay now, or you pay later. Your health is too important to gamble with, and when you think about the vitamins, medicine, monthly medications, doctor visits, specialists… the list goes on, you ARE paying, one way or another.
I spend very little money on “medicine”… basically Ibuprofen and Gas-X is what you will find in my cupboard. The occasional cold medicine may creep in, but that is rare. I don’t spend any money on vitamins or nay other supplements… no need for them.
So, what is the benefit and value of drinking Shakeology every day? Before I answer this, let us discuss the price of “saving money” on food.
THE PRICE OF BUYING CHEAP FOOD
There is so much high-fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated soybean oil in almost all processed and fast foods in this country. There’s artificial ingredients in a TON of foods and drinks that people consume daily. Most people don’t realize is that they are filling their precious bodies with low quality foods that are made in factories, loaded with chemicals, lacking in nutrients, and packed with sugar, fat, and/or salt. I want to believe that people don’t realize the damage they are doing to their bodies, rather than believe that people know and just don’t care (although I’m sure there are people that aren’t really concerned about what they put in their bodies).
We DO pay a price later when we regularly eat unhealthy processed and non-organic foods—for doctor or hospital visits, diagnostic testing, medications, and other services that arise from both minor and chronic diseases caused by a poor diet.
Did you know that almost three quarters of Americans are overweight and over one-third are clinically obese? And, get this, one-third of children born today will be diabetic in their lifetime AND, for the first time in the recorded history of humans, the life expectancy of our population is declining! Seriously? We NEED to do something about this!
There are non-monetary costs of eating poorly too—like fatigue, depression, obesity, and a bunch of other minor health complaints.
I want you to remember this:
- The REAL cost of eating unhealthy foods is in the damage to your health and resulting medical costs.
- Eating whole fresh foods does NOT have to cost more OR be complicated.
- With some adjustments in your lifestyle, you CAN afford
The biggest reason to invest both effort and money in eating healthy food is so you can fully live each and every day of your precious life. Because I eat well, and work out, I can be super productive, effectively run and manage two businesses, and enjoy my life. I have never felt better and I wouldn’t go back to eating crap food, ever! I have the occasional treat, but it is rare and most everything I eat/drink has nutritional value.
Also, studies by the American Dietetic Association have found that eating well to lose weight is no more expensive than eating unhealthily over the long term.
Making the lifestyle change from eating cheap processed foods to healthy whole foods requires you to change some deeply engrained and habitual ways of thinking, learn new ways of eating, possibly find new places to buy your food, and spend a bit more time planning and prepping your meals. BUT, I ASSURE YOU THAT IT’S WORTH IT.
YOU CAN AFFORD SHAKEOLOGY!
Some people try making their own smoothies from scratch or use a cheaper protein powder instead of Shakeology. While I understand, and totally respect their efforts to make better nutritional decisions, if it were up to me, everyone would give Shakeology a (risk free) try for 30 days. No matter what “protein” shake you are drinking, it is no comparison to Shakeology. I wholeheartedly believe that. I’ve experienced the effect over the last 18 months and I can compare it to other shakes I have tried over the years. Beachbody has a bottom of the bag guarantee—if you don’t like it, you can get your purchase price refunded with no questions asked.
What do I tell people when they say, “I can’t afford Shakeology”? I tell them that they really CAN—even if they’re on a tight budget.
- Save $13 on shipping with the Home Direct program. Home Direct is Beachbody’s automatic shipment program for all their nutritional supplements. There are two perks to this program—your Shakeology order shows up before you run out so you consistently feed your body serious nutrients AND shipping is reduced from about $15.00 to $2.00.
- Order the bulk bag (NOT the packets)of Shakeology. When you buy the single bulk bag, you get 30 servings; when you buy the single serving packets, you only get 24 servings. That’s almost an extra week of Shakeology, folks.
- Save 25% AND use the money you save by subscribing to On Demand All Access. Beachbody just announced that they are adding the Annual All Access On Demand and Shakeology Challenge Packto their permanent Challenge Pack portfolio and keeping it at the same introductory price of $160 USD. Here’s what this means—you pay $160 and you get your first month of Shakeology AND a ONE year subscription to On Demand which has a ton of workouts you can live stream. After that, your discounted Shakeology is delivered to you through the Home Direct program (with discounted $2 shipping). So you’re getting all those workouts for an entire year for about $80…close to the same price you used to pay for ONE program. The money you used to spend on fitness programs can now be used for your Shakeology!
- Get your Shakeology for FREE by sharing it with others. As a member of Team Synergy, you have the potential to get your Shakeology for FREE. We have many coaches whose monthly goal is solely to make enough money to have their Shakeology paid for by the commissions they make from selling it to others.
- Use the money you used to spend on multivitamins and other supplements.Think about how much you are spending on vitamins and other supplements (like digestive aids, weight loss supplements, energy drinks or supplements, etc.). Shakeology contains over 70 superfood ingredients, including natural appetite suppressants and energy boosters, so you no longer need all the other stuff.
- Use the money you used to spend on snacks and meals you’re replacing with Shakeology. Shakeology is so much more than just a protein supplement—it’s a meal replacement—so don’t forget to factor in the food you’re not eating into your budget figures. I can tell you that I was spending much more than $5 per day on the breakfast, lunch and/or snacks that I ate in place of Shakeology.
- Adjust your grocery purchases. Include Shakeology in your food budget and find ways to save on your other groceries. For instance, buy single ingredient foods that are in season (buy extra and freeze for use in the off season!)and take advantage of those weekly sales.
- Use the money from the coffee drinks and/or juice smoothies you’re no longer buying. Coffee houses and juice bars are NOT cheap. When I started drinking Shakeology, I stopped craving the coffee drinks because it gave me all the energy I needed AND satisfied my sweet tooth. And, I no longer needed to stop off at the juice bar when I was out and about. (Besides saving money, I also saved time and calories.)
- Make adjustments in other areas of your household budget. There are so many other places you can save money in your life—like spending less on cocktails, dining out, bottled water, gum and candy, cable TV, clothes, and those little frills that add up (like makeup, hair and nails). If you’re serious about your health, you WILL make the effort to make sacrifices in other areas.
WHY SHAKEOLOGY IS A GREAT DEAL
There are MANY indirect ways that you are getting value from drinking Shakeology. Here are a few I feel are most important:
- When you feel better, you perform better in ALL areas of your life.
- You will have fewer sick days.
- Your energy levels are HIGH.
- You’re more motivated because Shakeology helps us reach our weight loss goals (it’s the secret weapon!).
- Your junk food cravings are almost non-existent.
- You don’t feel like you’re suffering because it feels like you’re having a treat.
- It’s SUPER convenient and easy to grab on the go.
- You will NOT be paying later, because you’re investing in yourself NOW.
Oh, and with the On Demand All Access membership, there is absolutely zero need for a gym membership (or the gas/time it takes to get you there and back), so there’s some more savings for you.